Sign up to receive email updates
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the main functions of the PMO-RALG?
The broad functions of PMO-RALG include;
- Facilitate Local Government Authorities to provide quality services
- Managing the critical interfaces with Ministries and Development Partners and Local Government Authorities and formulating policies
- Monitoring support provided to Local Government Authorities by Regional Secretariats as well as regional affairs
- Providing quality and timely information
- Providing sound advice to Local Government Authorities on policies, approaches, systems and planning methodologies
- Capacity building
- Providing legal support and advice to the Ministry itself and to LGAs
Is the PMO-RALG central or sectoral ministry?
There are three central ministries in Tanzania including PMO-RALG, MoFEA and PO-PSM.
What is D by D and how PMO-RALG is faring in the whole process?
D by D stands for Decentralization by Devolution and is the process of dispersing decision-making governance closer to the people and/or citizen. PMO-RALG is the leading MDA in implementation of D by D policy.
When was the establishment of Local Authorities in Tanzania?
Local authorities were established in Tanzania over 100 years ago. Periods to be covered include the pre-colonial period, the colonial era, the period after independence up to 1972~ the period between 1972 and 1984 and the period between 1984 and 1998. The ongoing Local Government Reform Process dominates the period after 1998.
How many regions in Tanzania Mainland?
There are 21 Regions and 21 Regional Commissioners
How many districts are there in Tanzania Mainland?
There are 114 Districts and 114 District Commissioners.
How many LGAs in Tanzania Mainland?
There are 161 LGAs, 132 old ones and 29 new ones. Dar es Salaam city council has been dissolved.
Where are the PMO-RALG offices located?
One office located at Dodoma and one at Magogoni DSM
Who is appointing City Council Directors?
City Council Directors are appointed by the His Excellence – The President
Who is appointing other directors?
Other Council Directors are appointed by the minister responsible for Local Government
What is the process of transferring LGA staff / vigezo ni vipi?
Ili maombi ya Uhamisho yaweze kukubaliwa, mtumishi hupaswa kutimiza vigezo vifuatavyo:-
- Kupatikana kwa Nafasi wazi
- Mwombaji aandike barua ya maombi na kujibiwa na Mkurugenzi wa Halmashauri yenye nafasi ya kumpokea. Aidha, Wakurugenzi wataeleza nafasi wazi ya Uhamisho ilivyopatikana (mfano, Mtumishi aliyestaafu/kufariki kwa Jina na ‘Check Number'yake, au watumishi walioomba kubadilishana vituo vya kazi, nk)
- Kupata Ridhaa ya Mamlaka ya Ajira
- Maombi yaliopitishwa na Mkuu wa Idara/Taasisi (mfano Mkuu wa Shule pamoja na Afisa Elimu, au Mkuu wa Idara za Afya, Maendeleo ya Jamii, Ardhi Maliasili na Mazingira, nk) yatawasilishwa kwa Mkurugenzi wa Halmashauri ambayo mtumishi/mwombaji anataka kuhama ili kupata ridhaa yake,
- Kuomba kibali cha Katibu Mkuu OWM TAMISEMI
- Mwombaji awasilishe maombi kwa Katibu Mkuu, OWM TAMISEMI yakiambatana na barua ya ridhaa ya Mkurugenzi wa Halmashauri anayotaka kuhama na barua ya Mkurugenzi wa Halmashauri itakayompokea. Ni muhimu mtumishi ataje cheo chake wakati anawasilisha maombi. Pia aambatishe nakala ya vielelezo vya uthibitisho wa sababu za kuomba uhamisho, mfano Vyeti vya Ndoa nk.
Pages: 1 2